Thursday, April 25, 2013

We Real Cool

This poem is very life learning to my judgement and I also believe the appropriate audience would be young teens to young adults (ages 16 - 21). This poem talks about real situations that teens go through that are not so positive. "We Real Cool" reflects on teen bad behavior which I believe is inflicted upon peer pressure or not being raised in a decent environment. I believe the poem talked about drinking, sex, crime, and everything else that was negative that teens do "for fun" or to feel as if they "fit in" with the "popular people". Some learn fast and stop the behavior while others learn the hard way like the teens in this poem who to my attention die because of all there rebellious actitvies and end up suffering, paying for everything they've done. The phrase "you reap what you sew" comes to my head when I think about this poem. Teenagers throughout the world become inflluenced by negativity everyday of there lives and im saying this because I am also a young person who know what it's like to be pressured by things that were not good influences so I know others have as well. Its just a part of life I guess and its our decision to make the right choice or not,  bu tsadly for those kids in the poem that didnt happen, well at least to me I don't think they got a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment