Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Road Not Taken

This poem to me came off as very complicated. It's about a man who doesn’t really know which path to take and someone who is very indecisive. It actually made me had me getting kind of irritated because of the fact that he took forever to choose a path to take, but at the same time I believe that aspect in the poem is what keeps the reader glued to the poem anxiously waiting for what was going to happen next. In the end he finally decides and he picks the road that seems like no one else has taken yet because it doesnt seem worn out or anything and the leaves are still fresh! I believe the meaning behind this poem is that life gets to a standstill for us and we have to make huge decisions at some point in our lives that may change our life gradually and forever, but the downside is that sometimes we may never know how it will turn out in the future so it's a big risk! "You win some, you lose some" motto. I liked this poem a lot because it remindind me of a mystery being very unpredictable and it also kept my attention!

1 comment:

  1. this poem was a good one, and i feel like anyone can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete