Monday, April 22, 2013

A Good Man Is Hard To Find

This short story was one of the most craziest ones I have read so far. It was very mind blowing and intriguing. The grandmother who came off as one of those strict grandparents was very questionable to me. I had a lot of questions when it came to her role. She came off as very caring in the beginning of the short story when she was warning her family about the "The Misfit" but towards the end when they get accompanied by the bad guy and his two friends the grandmother acts if her family dying doesn't really bother her because she didn't seem to show any remorse all she tried to do was save her own life. One part of me also thought that the grandmother knew where she was taking them because it was too ironic that the"bad guys" would be there. I felt really sad for the rest of the family because they were all innocent victims in the crime. I was also kind of wishy washy when it came to "The Misfit's" character. When he told them he was innocent and falsely charged for killing his father I could see that happening and I felt some sympathy for him but when he got his two accomplices to kill their family it also made me feel like he could be guilty because if someone innocent why would they do something that would actually get them in trouble if they weren't in trouble in the first place. This short story was very confusing but i liked it in a way. 






1 comment:

  1. i really enjoyed reading this story, i felt like it was the best.

    ReplyDelete